Ready! Steady! Go! No… not quite. Don’t head out the door until your Ear Reading is ready.
Our summer months often include extended car time, right? Certainly, listening to books helps pass the time. But first, a few guidelines.
While Ear Reading and Road Tripping go hand in hand, a general orientation is helpful. Audible.com is an attractive but costly resource. This necessitates managing the free credits they periodically offer. When Audible.com is prohibitive, consider visiting the inventory at your local library. Also, Be aware that Audiobooks.com, a separate venue, (see below) provides a robust selection of free downloads.
Selections from Audible.com:
From my library built over the years, I offer here a varied assortment of options from which you can choose. Hopefully, there is enough to get you there and back.
1. NIV Audio Bible
2. A Wrinkle in Time, Madeleine L’Engle
3. Cheaper by the Dozen, Frank B. Gilbreth, Jr. and Ernestine Gilbreth Carey
4. Destiny and Power, The American Odyssey of George Herbert Walker Bush, Jon Meacham
5. Saving My Assassin, Virginia Prodan
6. Switch, How to Change Things When Change is Hard, Chip Heath & Dan Heath
7. The Boys in the Boat, Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest For Gold At The 1936 Berlin Olympics, Daniel James Brown
8. The Collapse: The Accidental Opening of the Berlin Wall, Mary Elise Sarotte
9. The Power of Moments, Chip Heath & Dan Heath
10. 41: A Portrait of My Father, George W. Bush
Selections from my Audiobooks. com Library:
(Just a few; countless volumes are available.)
Anne of Green Gables, Lucy Maud Montgomery
Far From the Madding Crowd, Thomas Hardy
Three Men in a Boat, Jerome K. Jerome
And… the little people in my life (aka My Grand-darlings, My Blessings, My Grandchildren) found these, among others, delightful:
The Adventures of Buster Bear, Thornton W. Burgess
Beatrix Potter: The Complete Tales, Beatrix Potter
The Box-Car Children, Gertrude Chandler Warner
The Railway Children, E. Nesbit
The Tale of Cuffy Bear, Arthur Scott Bailey
Now, with your suitcases loaded and your picnic basket packed, may your Road Tripping be safe and enriching, at least in the category of Ear Reading!
Living With Eternal Intentionality®
… turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding — (Proverbs 2:2 NIV).
Are you dreading the upcoming hours you will spend in a vehicle this summer?
How can a well-planned reading experience revitalize your perspective?
Which titles would you add to the resources above?